With so many different AEDs on the market, how do you choose the right one for your needs, budget, situation and circumstances?
Whether you are a school or business, community organisation or just require an AED for personal use, there is a minefield of technical jargon and information surrounding the huge variety of AEDs on the market. Below are some guidelines to help you make the right choice for your needs.
Important rules which apply to all AED’s:
- All AEDs assist you through the resuscitation with clear verbal prompts.
- As soon as you switch on an AED you will begin to hear these instructions.
- All AEDs have batteries and electrode pads that have to be replaced at the end of their lifespan.
- All the AEDs that we sell are officially approved and follow the official resuscitation guidelines from the UK Resuscitation Council. All are tried and tested and proven to be safe and effective.
Regardless of the different specifications for each AED, whichever AED you choose will increase the survival chances of a cardiac arrect casualty. An AED is better than no AED.
STEP 1: What is Important to You?
Try not to be swayed by technical jargon, recommendations or brand names, all AEDs perform in a similar way, the AED that you choose should be the right AED for your needs. The AED that your neighbour uses, might not be the most suitable AED for you.
Think about things such as the following:
- will your AED be stored inside or outside?
- do you need an AED that can be used on children as well as adults?
- is it possible that the AED will be used in a crowded environment?
- will the AED be stored in a damp environment, such as a swimming bath?
- is it likely that the AED would be located in a dusty environment?
- would the AED be used in a noisy environment?
Whatever your circumstances, we have an AED for you. Depending on your answers to the above questions, some AEDs would be more suitable than others for your environment. On our website, you can select the options that are applicable to your needs, to narrow down the choices that best match your circumstances.
|Warranty period||AED resistance||Shock protocol and joules||Fully- / semi-automatic AED's|
|Resuscitation feedback||Maintenance costs||Persistent misunderstandings||Child resuscitation|
STEP 2: Comparing AEDs
|In the navigation menu you can click features on and off to find the AED that best suits your needs|
STEP 3: Contact us
If you don't know where to begin, don't understand the technical terminology, still need advice or just want to talk through your options, our expert customer service advisor is on hand to guide you through the minefield of information. We understand that owning an AED is a big decision and also a costly one; with some AEDs lasting up to 10 years, we want to help match the right AED to you.
You have made the important decision to buy a life-saving AED, so we want to help you make the right choice for your needs.
You can contact us in the following ways:
by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
by phone: + 44 (0)1223 790124 (Monday-Friday, 7.45am - 4pm)
or click on the button at the bottom right of this page to chat live with our expert advisers