Service Contracts for AEDs
To take the worry out of owning a defibrillator, the Medisol Service Center offers AED owners three types of maintenance service contract, to ensure that your defibrillator is always ready to use. Whether you have purchased your AED from us, or just wish to cover your existing AED, we have a contract to suit your needs.
We are only able to service fully working AEDs, less than 10 years old, please contact us before purchasing, to discuss the serviceability of your defibrillator.
Our AED Safeguard Plan guarantees continuity. If your AED has been deployed, has a malfunction or has been stolen, a rental-AED will be supplied within 72 working hours, we will collect your AED, carry out the relevant checks and/or repairs; and ensure that your AED is returned to you and back in service as soon as possible.
What is Included :
- We will record the expiry dates of your battery and electrodes and inform you in good time when these are due to be renewed, you will receive a proforma invoice for replacements with a 10% discount
- You will be informed if the manufacturer issues a software update for your AED
- You can telephone 24/7 to report a malfunction, or the theft of your AED. When reported before 4pm during working days, you will receive a rental-AED within 72 working hours and your faulty AED will be collected
- If you have deployed your AED in an emergency situation we will:
- replace the electrode pads and battery if necessary (free of charge)
- provide a read-out of the ECG data (if required)
- check that your AED is functioning as normal (if required)
- on request we will send the ECG data read-out to the paramedics/cardiologist involved
- we can answer questions about the deployment
- If your AED develops a fault we will:
- Where possible, repair the AED in our own technical department
- if necessary send the AED to the manufacturer for repair
- when necessary, provide Independent advice on repairing or purchasing a new AED
- provide you with a rental AED during the repair period
- In case of theft:
- You will receive an offer for a new AED
- you will be offered a rental AED for up to 1 month, to enable you to arrange a replacement through your insurance company
- Customers that purchase their AED from us will automatically receive our AED Safeguard Plan free for the first year. At the end of the first year, you will receive a proforma invoice to enable you to pay to renew your AED Safeguard Plan for the following year, at a cost of £69 (excluding VAT). At this point, you will also have the option to upgrade to our AED Service Contract or cancel entirely, you are under no obligation to continue. Just make contact with us when you receive the renewal invoice to discuss your options.
Our AED Service Contract provides the same services as the AED Safeguard Plan, with the addition of an annual visit to your location, by our service engineer. Our engineer will carry out a full service of your AED and issue you with a certificate of approval, confirming that your AED is being proberly maintained, he will also place a sticker on the AED with this information. The maintenance carried out by our qualified engineer is carried out according to the standards of the European Defibrillator Certification Institute.
Our service engineer will :
- Perform security tests with an external test device
- Check the battery and electrodes
- Install, when available, any new software from the manufacturer
- place an AED approved sticker on the AED accompanied by the associated certificate.
- Check the storage location of the AED
- Answer any questions or concerns you may have
Please note :
- your AED must be available for inspection during office hours
- the service will take place at the address supplied by you on the service contract, unless otherwise informed, please ensure that this address is always kept up to date for our records
- you will receive two weeks notice that the engineer will be calling at your location, if you are not available on the specified date, your service will be rescheduled for a later date within your 12 month contract period where possible
- it is possible to service the AED at a different location if required, please provide us with advance warning if you wish to do this
- costs for electrodes, batteries, software updates and repairs not covered under the manufacturers guarantee, are not included
- you will receive a 10% discount on our online prices for electrodes and batteries
The AED Service Contract is available for £119 (excluding VAT).
If purchasing an AED from us, you will automatically be registered for the first year for our AED Safeguard Plan, this does not include the annual service. You have the option to upgrade to the AED Service Contract at the end of the first year if you wish.
For customers that do not have a current Service Contract with us, please click here for a registration form. On emailing this registration form to our customer service department at email@example.com, an order will be placed and you will receive a proforma invoice for payment. As soon as cleared payment has been received, your contract will be initiated and you will be contacted by our Medisol Service Centre staff.
If you have any questions regarding our service and maintenance agreements, please do not hesitate to contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone: 01223 790124. We are happy to help!